Sunday, June 14, 2009

Baaahhh: Welcome to the Flock

If you're reading this, there more than likely exists for you a high degree of probability that you too think that people are well, sheep. Or, there is a high degree of probability that you are bored and saw the link posted on Facebook and had nothing better to do. Either way, welcome to my world.

I basically believe that people, myself included, are sheep at some point or another in their lives given the right set of circumstances. We are indoctrinated into the field with the other sheep early on in our lifetimes through mass participation espousing the virtures of collectivity in this or that. We are taught to think for ourselves, but the moment we do BAMM! we are tagged as "trouble-makers" and usually assigned some type of punishment.

Though deep down we know we are smart enough and long to be the shepherd, we sometimes choose to follow the flock because it is easier than going against it. Am I that person that constantly feels the need to stand up and shout out my objections to the dissemination of misinformation? Absolutely! Yet, I am also the person who often times finds herself screaming inside of her head, rather than outside it. For you see, I do want to belong in the society in which I live and I recognize that sometimes one must be the wolf to get the attention of the sheep.

The purpose of this blog is to two-fold: most importantly, it is to help my readers in overcoming or avoiding barriers of ignorance erected by those that wish to control us through our fears. The other purpose? Let's face it, it's cheaper than therapy!


No comments:

Post a Comment